Can Full Spectrum Hemp and Essential Oils Prevent Viral Infections?
People are using our essential oil topical in a variety of ways and this stimulated me to do some research to find out if CALIRUB could be a tool to prevent virus transmission by applying the terpene rich salve to our hands or even to our nasal passages. Wow could I prevent the COVID virus from finding a happy home in my nasal passages? That would be an important tool to protect us from infection. As we know, the virus finds its way into your nose and from there finds its way into your lungs.
Full Spectrum Hemp and Essential Oils Are Potent Anti-Viral Agents
I know that a variety of terpenes in full spectrum hemp as well as in essential oils are also common to many plants. Along with these terpenes plants also contain many other useful components to help us fight microbes. A little (1.) research reveals that the following terpenes found in full spectrum hemp have been found effective at preventing viruses from multiplying outside the body. In other words, the following terpenes have been used in in vitro tests against a variety of viruses including HN1N influenza virus and Herpes virus as well as several other infections.
- Beta-Myrcene-found in cannabis as well as mangoes, hops, bay leaves, and thyme.
- Alpha & Beta Pinene-a common terpene found in cannabis, alpha-pinene can also be found in orange peels, pine needles, basil, parsley, rosemary, and conifer trees.
- Limonene-found in cannabis, pine, citrus fruits, and mint. Beta-Ocimene
- Ocimene is a monoterpene and is found in a variety of plants including hops, kumquats, mangoes, basil, bergamot, lavender, orchids, and many other plants.
- 1,8-Cineole, a menthol, frequently found in eucalyptus, mint, rosemary, tea tree, mug wort, bay leaves, sweet basil, sage, eucalyptus, and certain strains of cannabis.
- Caryophyllene-Also called beta-caryophyllene, this terpene can be found in aromatic oils like rosemary and clove oil, and in nature it's most commonly found in hops, cloves, black pepper, oregano, cinnamon, and cannabis strains.
What Scientists Know About Protection from Viruses and Plants
My research helped me to discover what microbiologists know about the terpenes found throughout the plant kingdom. I was excited to find that phytochemicals (natural chemicals found in plants), including terpenes are a subject of great interest in the realms of scientific study into the Sars CoV-2 infection, a cousin to COVID. In May of 2020 a group of scientists created computer model of viral activity in the presence of the active components in a variety of essential oils. It was titled (2) Essential Oils as Antiviral Agents, Potential of Essential Oils to Treat SARS-CoV-2 Infection. In that study Pinene, Menthol, Limonene, Caryophyllene, Eugenol and Myrcene proved to be outstanding anti virals.
A Powerful Combination: Full Spectrum Hemp, Essential Oils and Olive Oil
Because CALIRUB includes full spectrum hemp and the essential oils from Scotch pine, patchouli, lemon grass, and clove and Bay West Indies, it is extremely rich in all the terpenes classified as anti-viral and potentially useful against COVID. Since we use Extra Virgin Olive Oil as the basis for CALIRUB, customers have the added protection of Oleuropein which exhibits anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antiviral effects. Oleuropein, found in extra virgin olive oil, is patented for antiviral activity against various viral diseases, such as herpes mononucleosis, hepatitis virus, rotavirus, bovine rhinovirus, canine parvovirus, and feline leukemia virus, in the United States. Oleuropein also exhibits antiviral activity against parainfluenza type 3 virus and respiratory syncytial virus.
Can I apply CALIRUB to my Nasal Passages as Protection From Viral Infection?
The continued research into the virus killing properties of essential oils has answered this question. Because CALIRUB contains many healing terpenes from essential oils, it’s a natural anti-viral. CALIRUB is also safe to apply to the inside of your nose and it has a very strong potential to protect you from any virus seeking to penetrate your nasal passages. Your nose is a primary location for entry of any virus to penetrate your body and take up residence in your lungs so it’s the perfect place to apply a barrier to viral infection.
In fact, in (3) 2017 a group of microbiologists created a mixture containing oil, water and a plant extract containing the terpene, Cineaole, mentioned above as a terpene in full spectrum hemp. They infected the slurry with Swine Flu virus and the virus could not replicated or bind itself to the surface that contained the mixture! They have recommended application of this kind of mixture to skin or surfaces in the public domain as one way to prevent in schools and public places to prevent virus transmission.
Thank you to our devoted CALIRUB fans! Many of you are using CALIRUB ointment to keep your nose hydrated and healthy as you preserve your health and prevent disease and have written to us about the many methods to apply CALIRUB. Please keep writing and telling us of your experiences in natural healing and we’ll gladly share the information. The wisdom of the crowd has proven itself once again!
Stay healthy and practice prevention,
- Read A comprehensive review of the antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral potential of essential oils and their chemical constituents against drug-resistant microbes Here https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31195112/
- group of scientists-Joyce Kelly R. da Silva,1 Pablo Luis Baia Figueiredo,2 Kendall G. Byler,3 and William N. Setzer4,5,* International Journal of Molecular Science https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7279430/
- 2017 Nov 7;3(4):899-907. doi: 10.3934/microbiol.2017.4.899. eCollection 2017.Oil-in-water emulsion formulated with eucalyptus leaves extract inhibit influenza virus binding and replication in vitro-Maryam Sadat Sadatrasul 1, Neda Fiezi 1, Nasir Ghasemian 1, Mohammad Shenagari 1 2, Saber Esmaeili 1 3, Ehsan Ollah Jazaeri 4, Asghar Abdoli 1 4, Abbas Jamali 1 5 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31294196/